Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"...Heaven in the Here and Now." - Andy Holt

Andy Holt blew my mind in his blog post today. There were a ton of great points but this is the one that spoke to me the loudest:
"You are invited, not simply to heaven when you die, but to the depths of God’s presence today—which is, in fact, heaven in the here and now."
A single statement with immeasurable application. I'll mention a couple points that resonate with me.
  1. It's easy to forget that we don't have to be dead to be in God's presence. This is obvious if viewed in a metaphorical sense. However, if you think about it in a very literal sense, it's an amazing point. God has invited us to be in his presence through a direct relationship NOW. Why wait until we die to realize the value of being in God's presence? I should be taking joy in this reality TODAY.
  2. "...heaven in the here and now." I love the choice or words here. He didn't say "it's great." He said it's "heaven!" Again, thinking about this literally, our relationship with God should give us so much joy that we get a little taste of heaven here on earth. I can't say I've ever felt that way but I'm going to pursue this type of connectivity to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment